- Details of reinforcement; bar size, spacing, arrangement
- Fabric reinforcement ; mesh , type etc.
- Special reinforcement (e.g. galvanized, stainless etc.)
- Fibre reinforcement (steel, polypropylene )
- Connections ( lap length, connectors etc.)
- Anchorages, couplers etc.
- Welding restrictions
- Cover (see also page 3.3)
- Check detailing for ease of placement
- Storage arrangements
- Handling, cutting, bending etc.
- Spacers, chairs etc.
- Impact of congested reinforcement on concrete placing
- Prefabrication of rebar cages – columns, piles, walls etc
- Prefabrication of rebar cages – temporary works design for lifting
- Splices, couplers
- Is re-bending of bars on site permitted – (Class A, B or C bars)
- CARES certificates
- Impact of congested reinforcement on concrete mix design – workability, maximum aggregate size etc.
- Addition of fibres to readymix truck ; type, dosage rate
- Effectiveness of mixing
Main Standards – Reference
I.S. EN 10080
I.S EN 13670
Clause 6 & Annex D