- Maximum internal temperature limit
- Maximum temperature gradient permitted
- Reinforcement for thermal control (size, spacing etc.
- One pour?
- Restraint/free to contract?
- Ambient temperatures
- Formwork stripping time
- Mix to satisfy strength & durability requirements>
- Minimize cement content
- Cement type
- Aggregate type
- Cooling of concrete/constituent
where heat development could pose problems e.g. slab
E.g. Wall 400 thick
Cast using a C35/45 mix onto a base that has ‘cooled’ to ambient. Shutters stripped after say 24 - 36 hours, followed by cool night.
E.g. Slab 350 mm thick
Cast with C32/40 mix, onto insulation and with top surface exposed to cool night temperatures.